The Spirit Kids Summer Day Camp at Squamish United Church has been created to serve the community's needs with an engaging and fun summer program for the children in our care. The camp runs July and August; the core hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and before and after care is offered. The P/T Child Care Associate will supervise and implement planned programs for the children in our camp. This position could lead to continued employment with our Before and After School Program in September.
· have or be willing to obtain a Responsible Adult Certificate
· be fun-loving, creative, caring, and flexible
· relevant work experience and first aid certification would be beneficial. Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume by Friday, June 7 indicating the position applied for, to [email protected]
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAM The Spirit Kids Summer Day Camp at Squamish United Church has been created to serve the community's needs with an engaging and fun summer program for the children in our care. The core hours of the Camp will be 9:00 am to 4:00 pm but before and after care will be offered from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
DUTIES Under the direction of the Director of Family Programming, the Child Care Associate assists with the supervision and the implementation of planned programs for children in a structured, fun-loving environment.
· be able to relate well with families and to provide care and guidance to school-aged children ranging in ages from 4 to 11
· be flexible, resourceful and tactful
· has a Responsible Adult Certificate
· valid first aid certification
· relevant work experience would be an asset
HOURS OF WORK The Camp runs July 8 to August 2 and from August 12 to August 30 with one week of orientation and planning for a total of 8 weeks over the summer period. Hours of work will be determined based on qualifications and experience.