Squamish United Church
(Updated July 2022)
The Office Administrator is responsible for the coordination of office operations including administrative support, bookkeeping services, promoting and managing facility rentals and bookings, and assisting the Minister and Worship Team with clerical support.
SUPERVISION & ACCOUNTABILITY
The Office Administrator is accountable to the Ministry & Personnel Committee for general direction and overall job performance, and takes direction from the Minister and the Treasurer for day-to-day issues.
HOURS OF WORK: 12 hours per week (Tuesday through Friday – flexible hours possible)
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to the minister, and to other church officers as required.
- Prepares order of services for worship including the preparation of PowerPoint versions.
- Provides bookkeeping services using QOL as follows:
- codes all expenses and sets up the payments for invoices
- inputs payroll, new employee documentation, etc., through the ADP payroll system
- prepares bank deposits
- manages donations, ensuring they are deposited to the appropriate entity. Updates PAR as required. Submits M&S payments to the National Church.
- prepares financial reports on a monthly basis, and other reports as required
- manages refugee accounts and payments
- issues tax receipts annually for all appropriate donations including refugee accounts
- Promotes and manages our rental facilities including the ongoing administration associated with these rentals.
- Prepares and distributes weekly E-News announcements using Mailchimp, including updating distribution list.
- Provides information as required to congregants including worship service links, and to our contractors, the public and others.
- Maintains, edits and updates the church website.
- Ensures technology and equipment (Wi-Fi services and internet, tools for worship, office,
- sanctuary, etc.) are maintained in good operating condition, e.g., printer, microphones, etc.
- Publishes the Annual Report, newsletters and other reports as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proactive in planning and establishing priorities
- Proficient in bookkeeping practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to organize and maintain priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Relevant certificate or diploma from a recognized institution
- Experience working in a professional office is an asset
Proficiency in the following:
- MS Office Suite, Google Suite
- Social Media platforms
- Rental booking management
- Website management and editing expertise
Personal attributes desired:
- Ability to work independently
- Able to meet and greet the public with ease
- Comfortable working within a church environment