Squamish United Church is seeking P/T CHILD CARE ASSOCIATE to join our
SPIRIT KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM
Spirit Kids at Squamish United Church serves the community's needs for a safe, reliable and affordable out of school care program. It provides care to children primarily from Squamish Elementary and Les Aiglons. Child Care Associates supervise and provide high quality care for the children in our Before & After School Program.
· have or be willing to obtain a Responsible Adult Certificate
· be fun-loving, creative, caring, and flexible
· first aid certification is required and relevant work experience would be beneficial.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume to [email protected]
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAM
Spirit Kids at Squamish United Church serves the community's needs for a safe, reliable and affordable out of school care program. It provides out of school care to children primarily from Squamish Elementary and Les Aiglons.
Under the direction of the Director of Family Programming, the Child Care Associate assists with the supervision and the implementation of planned programs for children in a structured, fun-loving environment. Duties will also include walking the children to and from Squamish Elementary and Les Aiglons, preparing snacks, and ensuring that play areas and kitchen are tidied up prior to departure.
· be able to relate well with families and to provide care and guidance to school-aged children ranging in ages from 4 to 11
· be flexible, resourceful and tactful
· relevant work experience; work experience with school-aged children is an asset
· has a Responsible Adult Certificate or higher
· valid first aid certificate
HOURS OF WORK
The core hours of the program are 7:00 am to 9:00 am and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Child Care Associates’ hours are 6:45 am to 9:00 am for the morning shift and 2:45 pm to 6:15 pm for the afternoon shift. A one-hour staff meeting is held once a week. Individual shifts or days may vary; flexibility is a necessity.